Friday, January 23, 2009

Hello Hawaii ...

Tokyo - Honolulu ... What a trip! 
I crossed the international date line, from West to East, so I travelled back in time! 
I left Tokyo on Saturday evening at 7:25 p.m. and arrived - after a 7-hours direct flight - on Saturday morning at 7:22 a.m. in Honolulu (Hawaii).
I also crossed the equator, from South to North, so I travelled from summer back to winter. Winter ??? ... it was 26° Celsius yesterday! I must admit, it was quite confusing.
Honolulu - Barak Obama was born here! - is on Oahu, the third largest of the Hawaiian Islands. On this picture you see me on Hanauma beach, a popular snorkling sight on the island here.
It's a dream come true ... relaxin' on a beautiful beach on a tropical island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
Life is great!