Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hooge Crater War Museum

After my visit to the Hooge Crater Cemetery yesterdag, I just had to cross the Menin Road to visit the small private Hooge Crater War Museum, located in a renovated chapel. I has a nice collection of item from the first World War and offers a good insight of life at the fronline.

The museum and the cemetery were named after a crater which was created on July 19th 1915, when British Engineers exploded a mine of 3500 lbs of ammonal under a fortefied German position at Hooge.

Is it a coincidence that my friend Frog is travellin' in the same region these days?
He is visiting cemeteries too!
I'll try to get in touch with him ...

2 Comments:

Blogger Shaketownman said...

Thx Woody, my good friend. I hope We'll meet again soon.

12:48 AM  
Blogger Woodyrat said...

We'll meet again frog ... I feel it in the air.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home